Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Best Meal I Ever Had



While on one hand I could write about the cheeseburger I ate in recovery after having my son and how it was one of the best burgers I ever ate in my life, not because of the taste but because of the circumstances, but I won’t.  Instead I’m going to tell you about what I consider to be the best brunch.…hands down (and no, I’m not being compensated to write any of this).

A while back my husband and I went out with our family to Sunday brunch at Restaurant X located in Congers, NY.  It was a sit down brunch where the food was served tableside by waiters and included a large number of different entrĂ©e selections that ranged from eggs benedict to rack of lamb.  It was nice to be served for once rather than fighting with people in a buffet line.   We lost count around 12 courses and just when we thought we couldn’t possibly eat another bite they would bring something else irresistible out that we would just have to try.  Needless to say we left brunch stuffed and very satisfied.

I highly, highly recommend this place if you are looking for a special brunch. But keep in mind that if you decide to go, it’s a meal that is best enjoyed away from the kids.  If you must bring them the ones that still fit in the infant carriers would do just fine for the long meal, but toddlers probably not so much.

 
This week’s Working Mommy Wednesday prompt over on Work, Wife, Mom….Life! is to write about the best food I ever had.

3 comments:

  1. Wow that does sound really good! Here from WMW, hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love a good Sunday brunch and I haven't ever been to one that is served tableside...that sounds like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 12+ courses sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...