It’s been a while since I published anything so figured what better way to start off 2015 than to recap our year in 2014. For the most part, 2014 was a great year for us. I did have some health scares in March, November & December that have tested me in many ways. I am physically much better now and I know the mental part will follow in time. But for now I am SO ready to see what 2015 has in store for us.
- We closed on our new house. I call it our forever house because not only do I love it, but I am NEVER moving again.
- The Hudson Valley (and most of the country) had record breaking freezing temperatures. Per weather.com, the core of the cold came Monday, Jan. 6 (the day we closed) and Tuesday, Jan. 7 (the day the movers came with our things).
- “Snowpocalypse 2014” was in full effect this month. We received over 30 inches of snow here in the Hudson Valley that month. The 2013-2014 winter was the 7th snowiest season in 120 years.
- Our son and I attended the Valentine’s Day dance held at his school (on one of the few days it didn’t snow).
- I had surgery to remove the left half of my thyroid. Thankfully all tests came back normal and I am doing just fine now :)
- Hubby and I celebrated our birthdays!
- The snow and cold continued…..
- The start of a new t-ball season
- Our son turned 6!!!
- Our son attended his first Take Our Daughters & Sons to Work day at my job
- Our son had his kindergarten artwork displayed in a district-wide art show at the town library.
- Completed my second Spartan Sprint and beat my previous year’s time!
- Myself, our son, my sister and my nephew participated as extras in a movie being shot by my friend locally (check out Mother of the Week here)
- Our son graduated from Kindergaren (yay!) and started summer camp
- We welcomed the birth of our friends twin boys
- The end of t-ball season
- We held a housewarming party to welcome our family & friends to our new house
- Spent 4th of July at home watching fireworks in our neighborhood
- Spent a week with my family on our annual family vacation. This year’s destination was a resort in West Virginia
- Attended BBQ’s and birthday parties for family/friends
- Weekend trip to Virginia to celebrate our nephew’s birthday
- Spent the day in NYC with just our son and I having a “Mommy & Son” day complete with a trip to the Avengers Station & Museum of Natural History
- Held our annual clam bake BBQ party with our friends
- Attended 1st grade orientation at our son’s new elementary school
- Our son started 1st grade in a new school
- Apple & pumpkin picking at Barton Orchards
- Attended my very first US OPEN (loved it!)
- Took our son to the Shriner Circus in Orangeburg, NY
- My company was announced to Working Mother Magazine’s Top 100 Companies to Work for and I was named as Ogilvy & Mather’s Working Mother of the Year
- Received my Working Mother of the Year award from Working Mother Magazine at their annual Gala Dinner in NYC
- Spent Halloween trick or treating with our best friends
- We took our son on the North Pole Express train ride in CT
- Spent Thanksgiving with my husband’s family here in NY
- Took our traditional black Friday trip down to Arthur Avenue in the Bronx to buy seafood for Christmas Eve
- Our son participated in his very first Holiday Concert at school
- Hosted our very first Christmas Eve dinner in our new house with both of our families
- Took our son to see Aladdin on Broadway with my family and were privileged to get a backstage tour.