Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday Favorites: Week 5




For this week's installment of Friday Favorites the prompts are:
  • Favorite (or most prized) possession (must be an object, not including photos)
  • Favorite holiday
  • Favorite gift you've ever received or given (life doesn't count)

Favorite (or most prized) Possession:
My most prized possession is something that belonged to my dad, his wedding ring.  After he died my mother gave it to me and I thought for a long time what to do with it.  Wear it on a chain, put it in a keepsake box, use the gold to make into a pair of stud earrings....I had no clue.  Then the jeweler we had been using for years suggested reshaping the ring into a heart and creating a slide pendant with it.  I jumped at the idea!  I loved that it kept the ring as it was when my dad wore it (the markings, even the inscription inside) yet changed it slightly to make it a little feminine for me to wear every day. 


the original inscription "love angie" from my mom to my dad

Favorite Holiday:
My favorite holiday is Christmas Eve.  Christmas Day you can keep, I would much rather have Christmas Eve.  As an Italian-American, this is a huge production in our family. We host a huge family dinner every other year (we rotate houses within the family) where we serve the traditional 7 fishes.  It is a night of good food, good wine and good company.  Although I don’t typically eat a lot of what I cook, I enjoy preparing & baking the meal, hosting everyone and decorating the house with all of the Christmas décor. 

Favorite Gift You’ve Ever Received:

My favorite gift I’ve ever received is my mother & baby cameo necklace.  My husband bought me this on my first Mother’s Day and I absolutely love it.  It is one of my favorite pieces of jewelry and every time I wear it A points to it and asks if it’s him in the picture. LOL


4 comments:

  1. I love love love what you did with your dad's wedding ring. So special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ring pendant is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. I LOVE your dad's ring! It is so cool that they can reshape it into a heart. It's such a great heirloom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your Dad's ring. That's so special. The cameo is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...