Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WMW: Why I Blog



This week’s Working Mommy Wednesday prompts are:

#1- What drives/motivates you everyday?
or
#2- Do you feel starting a blog has improved your life or added one too many things on your plate?

I am a brand new blogger and have only been doing it for about 4 months.  But if I felt that starting this was adding too many things to my plate then I wouldn’t have even bothered or would have given up already.  I’ve had people ask me, “where do you find the time?”  Between working 40+ hrs a week, commuting 3 hrs a day, cooking, cleaning, laundry and taking care of an almost 3 year old I truly don’t know where I’m finding this time.  Most days I don’t sit down on the couch until after 9pm, but that’s the time when I grab the laptop and start writing.  Whether it’s something to post that night or something I keep for a later date, that’s my time to work on this.  I’m surprised at myself that I’ve been keeping up with it as much as I have.  Who knows how I’ll feel about it in another 6 months, but for now I’m enjoying it. 

Over the last 4 months I’ve discovered a few things:
(1)   that I am not a terrible writer
(2)   that I like designing and have a knack for creating graphics.  I created the header graphic and the buttons on my page and am working on other graphics & features to enhance my blog 

When I started this I convinced myself that nobody was going to read this.  Even my husband didn’t quite understand why I was bothering.  But I’ve found writing somewhat therapeutic and in some ways I feel that I’ve discovered my voice.  Whether 1 or 100 people are reading, it doesn’t matter to me.

5 comments:

  1. That is the cool thing about blogging; it's a great way to help you find your own voice among the daily roles we play (mom, worker, wife, cleaner, etc). I have been almost blogging for a year now and there are times when I feel obligated to post for my "readers" but even as I wrote those posts I knew they were forced. It's taken me awhile to find that balance, but I feel like I'm continuously improving. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's strange having a blog and wondering if people will read. when i started, it was for family and friends. and then... um, weirdly, other people were reading!!! if you love it, do it. when you lose the passion, it's time to re-evaluate. not necessarily quit, just re-evaluate!!

    love having you around!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great thing when people find you and start reading/connecting with your blog! I just found you through WMW... ya! It is therapeutic to write and also to read other mom blog/voices from all over the world. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I found you through WMW. I feel like it is working moms like yourself that motivate me. I also work 40+ hours a week and somehow I make time to blog because it's the one thing I do for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Just found you via WMW! I love your blog, and your header graphics! :)

    I wish you many happy years of blogging!...

    :)

    Annette
    www.mammakerr.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...