Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sarcasm City: Admit One


Humor is a good thing.  I have it, use it, love it, but sometimes maybe I use a bit too much sarcasm. But who wants to be boring, right?  As you see by my post titles I like to be witty and use catchy blog titles….gets your attention doesn’t it?    

Whoever said that sarcasm is the lowest form of humor needs to have his head examined, and yes I said his.  It requires quick whit and always gets a laugh.  However, using humor and sarcasm in the written form can be extremely difficult.  Whether it is via email, blog, message board etc. it is hard to express tone and sometimes humor/sarcasm can be misinterpreted.  That’s not going to stop me though.  I like to make people laugh and I'd like to think that people find me humorous (or then again maybe they’re just laughing AT me…haha).

So maybe I use sarcasm and humor because I’m a little bitter...or maybe it’s a defense mechanism...or maybe it’s just because I’m a New Yorker.  But to know me is to love me and to love my sarcasm is to love me even more.  That’s just me :)


This week’s Working Mommy Wednesday prompt over on Work, Wife, Mom….Life! is to write about a personality trait that, for good or bad, is just a part of you.

3 comments:

  1. I had to break my own sarcasm habit years back. I think I used it too much as a crutch, rather than a tool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sarcasm... a loved thing. totally me and totally can't go a day without it!! :) and like funky said, sometimes i use it as a crutch... to make me feel comfortable, etc. learning to try to balance and use it only when appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of the time MEN take my sarcasm as serious. So they end up thinking I'm bitchy which I find funny because they are the same men I work with who joke around all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...