Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Nobody’s Perfect






None of us are perfect….far from it.  Anyone who thinks they are just hasn’t looked closely enough at themselves.  All of us have different things we do well which are what makes us all so unique.

This week over at Work, Wife, Mom…Life! The talk is about strengths and weaknesses.  I’ve combined both prompts this week to look at what I do well and what I need to work on.   So except for the obvious Mom factor (which I totally rock at), here are my lists.

I rock at:

  • Organizing.  There’s a system for everything and everything has a system….don’t let my house fool you. My son’s things are the most organized thing in the house.  (I’m working on the rest of the rooms)
  • Planning.  I have a to-do list and spreadsheet for almost anything you can imagine. 
  • Being on time.  Both my Husband and I are prompt, if not early people.  I hate waiting for people so I try not to do the same to them.
  • My job.  Have to ‘toot toot’ my own horn on this one.  I think I’m pretty great at what I do and have found my grove juggling both work & baby.
  • Multi-tasking.  I think this is a female thing since my husband is terrible at it!
  • Cooking.  I enjoy cooking and have come a long way from my microwave macaroni cooking days in college.

I need to work on:

  • Keeping up with housework.  Hardly anybody likes cleaning, but I really loathe it.  I love a clean house but hate doing it.  So much so that I put it off until I can’t take it anymore and end up spending an entire Saturday cleaning the house top to bottom.
  • Actively listening to my Hubby.  I’m so horrible at this.  I usually yes him to death and then 5 minutes later have no idea what he just said.  Usually it’s because I’m doing 10 other things around the house.
  • Focusing too much on the little things.  I’ll get tripped up on getting a small detail right and let it delay an entire project I’m working on.
  • Going with the flow.  Kind of comes with the territory of being a planner.
  • Trying new things.  I like my comfort zone and can be stubborn about leaving it.
  • Waking up in the mornings. I am such a grouch until about 10.

5 comments:

  1. Our lists could be interchangeable I think. I can't wait to stop by your blog later when I have some time to read more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel proud about how I can balance my career and mommyhood as well! ... I am a new follower from WMW. Cant wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am horrible at housework... i think it's b/c i work all day and typically hubby does it. but if we both get busy, our house can get BAD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, micro mac. I remember those days!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...