Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday Favorites: Week 3



For this week's installment of the HV Nestie Blog Challenge the prompts are:

Favorite TV show, or one that is most like your family:
I wouldn’t say that there is a TV show out there that is most like my family so I’ll go with favorite. (ok, ok, well maybe my extended family is a bit like Everyone Loves Raymond…hehe),


My all time favorite show is LOST.  I know it’s not on the air anymore, but that wasn’t a requirement ;-)   I don’t consider myself a sci-fi person, but I loved this show.  Was it all purgatory? Was it real life? What exactly WAS the Island?    and don't forget the NUMBERS!   4 8 15 16 23 42 

I won’t subject you all to my theories, but it is this open to interpretation aspect of the series that I found most fascinating.  Not to mention there were some really hot guys on it!  One of the best scenes in the entire 6 Seasons is the one where Charlie dies.  Not Penny's Boat!!

 


Favorite Store to Shop at:
 
Well, I guess that depends what I’m shopping for.  I haven’t done much shopping for myself recently, but when I do I usually go to Ann Taylor Loft or Macy’s.  I used to shop at Zara a lot, but since I moved out of the city I haven’t been back in a while.  For my son’s clothing I love Gymboree, Gap Kids & Macy’s.  For general shopping I’m a big Target fan.  Every time I go in there I find stuff.  I also do a lot of my shopping online since it’s so much easier to shop in your pajamas than to fight with crowds & parking.

Favorite Recipe:
So many to choose from…..but I think I’ll go with my hot spinach & artichoke dip.  I make this for almost every party I host.  It’s a huge crowd pleaser and since it’s served hot you can make it the day before and then heat back up in the oven.  (This recipe will be on the recipes page that I’m building and hope to have active soon)  Sorry, no pic of this one.  I'll have to take one the next time I make it.

Spinach Artichoke Dip

Ingredients:
(2) 10 oz. boxes frozen spinach
¼ cup real butter
1 Tbs minced fresh garlic
2 Tbs minced onion
¼ cup flour
1 pint heavy cream
2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
½ tsp hot sauce
½ tsp salt
2/3 cup grated fresh Pecorino Romano Cheese
1/3 cup sour cream
½ cup shredded Vermont white cheddar
14 oz jar artichoke hearts – coarsely chopped

Directions:
  1. Thaw and squeeze all liquid from spinach; must be very dry.  Mince and set aside.
  2. In heavy saucepan, melt butter. Add garlic and onions and sauté about 3-5 minutes
  3. Add flour to make a roux.  Stir and cook about 1 minute
  4. Slowly add heavy cream, stirring with a whisk to prevent lumping.
  5. Mixture will thicken at the boiling point.  When it thickens, add lemon juice, hot sauce, salt and Pecorino Romano cheese.  Stir until cheese is melted.
  6. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes
  7. Stir in sour cream.  Fold in dry spinach and artichoke hearts.
  8. Sprinkle white cheddar on top
  9. Microwave to melt cheese and serve or can put in a 350°F oven for a few minutes until cheese melts.

Note:  Serve with salsa, sour cream and tortilla chips for dipping.

Options:  you can use fresh spinach instead of frozen if you like.  You can steam the spinach, mince and add or add raw minced spinach and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.  



3 comments:

  1. I love spinach and artichoke dip yet I hate spinach haha go figure! I'm gonna have to try your recipe one day. I've made Paula Deene's and people love that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM sounds delish! I'll try that out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that dip sounds so good! I think I'll try it out next time we have company.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...