Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday Favorites: Week 2


The prompts for this week are:
  • Favorite piece of clothing
  • Favorite Superhero
  • Favorite Movie

Favorite Piece of Clothing:
I had to think hard about this one.  A few months ago I would have said the baggy sweater or sweatpants that I felt comfortable in.  But now I’m starting to fit back into some of my other clothes and old favs are making a comeback.  I have a tie between an old and a new piece.  One is a long black belted sweater coat that I bought from J Crew when I was in college. (ok, so maybe it’s still a baggy sweater LOL) It’s such the perfect piece and I wear it throughout the fall and spring.  It never fails that every year someone asks me where I got it and I have to admit to them that it’s 10+ years old!
  

 





My other favorite is a brand new tank that I bought late last year at Old Navy.  I own a lot of purple shirts but this is my favorite..  I loved the jeweled tone of the neckline and the way the fabric falls.  It just makes me feel pretty when I put it on, which is what clothes are supposed to do.



Favorite Superhero:
Superwoman!!!  She’s a crime fighting bad ass with some sick cuff bracelets.  Need I say more?



Favorite Movie:
My favorite has to be The Breakfast Club, hands down.  I’m a huge fan of John Hughes’ movies and grew up watching these in the 80’s & early 90’s.The Breakfast Club….Sixteen Candles…..St. Elmo’s Fire….love all of them.  I remember back when I was dating my husband we used to watch The Breakfast Club at least once a week (it’s one of his favorites too).  I pretty much wore out the VHS tape during college (yes, I was still watching VHS back then) and now have the DVD.  When A is entering his teenage years I will definitely be introducing him to these!




Join in by answering all of the prompts below and linking up your post.  Don’t forget to also grab the button on the right too (please)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that tank...super cute. And, the Breakfast Club is such a cult classic. I have very fond memories of watching it over and over at teenage sleep overs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like sweater coats, too...especially in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the Old Navy top! And The Breakfast Club is a GREAT movie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...