Monday, January 24, 2011

Sunny Days Ahead

Last weekend we booked our first vacation since our honeymoon 4 years ago.  On our honeymoon we went to French Polynesia (Tahiti, Bora Bora & Moorea).  It was the most amazing vacation of our lives.  For this next vacation we will be going some place sunny, warm and with a beach (yay!), which of course means I need to be in a bathing suit (Eeek!). We are going for a good friend’s wedding but since the trip coincides with our 5 year wedding anniversary we decided to upgrade our room a bit and make it an anniversary trip also.

It will be an even more special vacation for us because my Mom has generously offered to watch A for the week we’re gone!  I’m excited to have alone time with my H, but at the same time nervous to leave A for a whole week.  We’ve done a weekend trip away (for another wedding) and have had nights out before, but this will be the first time we leave A for a significant amount of time.  We debated whether or not to take him with us, but when she offered we just couldn’t resist having some “toddler-free” time.  I know he’ll be fine with my mom but I worry anyway (that’s our job as a mom, right?!)

The official countdown to vacation has begun!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...