Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Christmas Memory

 

This is my first time participating in Working Mommy Wednesday.  The prompts this week are  #1 A Christmas memory... from this year or year's past  #2. Biggest challenge for the new year.  Since you all know already that my biggest challenge for the new year, I’ll give you a memory.
#1 A Christmas memory... from this year or year's past

It was so heartwarming to watch A this holiday season.  This is the first year he really ‘got it’ and it was amazing to watch his reactions.  We have this dancing snowman that plays “Frosty the Snowman” and A would play it (and dance/sing along) every single day, multiple times a day.  Each day when he came home from daycare he would stand in front of the tree and say “it’s so sparkly”. This year was especially fun because A was old enough to understand the whole Santa thing. While he was petrified to sit on Santa’s lap he enjoyed talking about him, we “called” him on the phone a few times to tell him what A wanted and on Christmas Eve we put out milk & cookies for Santa. 

So Christmas morning I parked myself next to the tree and set up the camera prepared to film an excited A coming down the stairs and running over to see what Santa left.  Well, when my H came downstairs with him, A casually walked over to me (didn’t even notice the presents) and asked to go downstairs to play with his cars!  When I pointed out that Santa had left presents for him and ate the cookies and drank the milk he left for him, A replied “No Mommy, Layla ate the cookies and drank the milk.”  (Layla is our 5 yo lab mix)  I just had to laugh.  That’s my kid….

Of course once he realized the pretty packages beneath the tree held toys we got this reaction from almost everything he opened:  Priceless!



5 comments:

  1. Welcome to WMW!! Sounds like a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so cute!! i love when kids get excited about the littlest things!! that's so funny what he said about the cookies though.

    happy new year and thanks for jumping in this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute I couldn't get my little guy to sit still to take videos..

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you ladies. Happy New Year to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome!!! Glad to have you on board!!! Very cute video!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...