Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dear Mommy


This week’s Working Mommy Wednesday prompt over at Work, Wife, Mom...Life! is a fun one.  Today was a crazy day at work so I’m posting this very late in the day, but it was one I couldn’t pass up.  “What was she thinking: A post from the view point of your child, about yourself”. 

Dear Mommy,

I had a great time at daycare today, but I missed you a lot.  I played cars with my best friend Chase and sat next to my girlfriend Sarah at lunch.  We had macaroni & cheese to eat.  My teacher even got me to sit on the potty a few times!!  I don’t mind that you have to work every day because I get to go and play with my friends all day.  It’s lots of fun.  I am a good helper to my teachers and help out all of the younger kids in my class.  I will miss them when I move to the big boy classroom in a couple months.

I can’t wait for you to get home from work so I can yell out “Mommy’s home” and give you one of my ‘super duper great big hugs’.  I know that you mean well when you want me to sit down and eat my dinner, but don’t you understand that playing with my Thomas trains is just much more important to me?  and don’t get me started on that white thing you want me to sit on in the bathroom.  Just give me the stickers & prizes now and we can forget about that thing…I’m just not ready; I’ll let you know when I am. 

The best part of my day is when you and I sit down in my room, snuggle and read books before bed.  I always make sure you read my favorite book last (Goodnight Moon) and I like it when we take turns saying the words. 

You are the best mommy and little boy could ever ask for and I love you very much.

Love,
Anthony

2 comments:

  1. I tried commenting from my phone last night but it didnt' let me..

    anyway, this was so sweet and such a cute idea for a post! Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...