Monday, April 11, 2011

Three….Could it Be?!?

3 years.  36 months.  156 weeks.  1,095 days.  

How do I have a 3 year old already?!?  It feels like yesterday that I had this big ‘ol belly and was anxiously waiting to meet our little man.

Over the last 3 years I think my husband and I have experienced all of the basic emotions that exist (and then some): love, anticipation, fear, joy, sadness, frustration, trust, surprise, anger.....  I’d say the first 12-18 months were the easiest most uncomplicated for us.  The twos weren’t so terrible, but the past year did throw a few curve balls at us – picky eating habits, moving to a toddler bed, potty training, and the biggest one of all – the start of what I call the terrible 3’s.  I hate to tell you moms out there with younger kids, but so far 3’s are proving more terrible than the 2’s ever were.  They're a different kind of terrible - more geared around them gaining their independence and testing limits.  Yes, it’s as much fun as it sounds.  I hear 4's are fabulous so we are very much looking forward to them and getting our sweet boy back :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Anthony,

It has been amazing watching your transformation the past 12 months from a toddler to a preschooler.  Daddy and I continue to be impressed with how smart you are.  You know all your ABCs, colors, shapes and can count up to almost 20.  You keep us laughing with the different funny faces that you make and funny things you say.  You have such a vivid imagination and I love to watch you play and listen to the stories you tell.  We are amazed at how well you speak and the vocabulary you have built up.  You love playing sports and are getting pretty good at soccer and t-ball.  You are still in love with your Thomas trains and we can’t go anywhere without toting at least one (or two) engines along with us. 

I tell you every day that you can do whatever you set your mind to because you are such a smart and determined kid.  The sky is the limit!  Daddy and I love you very much. 

Love,
Mommy
xoxoxo
 
Our Family: April 11, 2008
Our Family: April 9, 2011
3 Months Old
3 Years Old
 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...