Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Eyes Wide Open



I woke up in the middle of the night a couple weeks ago and for some reason had a feeling I should open my eyes vs. rolling over and trying to drift back off to sleep.  When I opened my eyes I almost screamed out of sheer surprise.  Staring right back at me was my son – standing next to our bed!  He had walked over to our room because he too had woken up in the middle of the night.  It took me a minute to process if I was dreaming or not since he wasn’t saying anything, he was just standing there looking at me.  Then he said “Hi Mama, I couldn’t sleep.”

I walked him back to bed and then went back to bed myself, but I couldn’t quite fall asleep.  I kept opening my eyes expecting to see him back at my bedside.  I think it might be time for a lock on our bedroom door. LOL

This week’s Working Mommy Wednesday prompt from Julia over at Work, Wife, Mom….Life! is: I woke up in the middle of the night and....

4 comments:

  1. Man -- I've had that happen too! You just don't except a little face that "up close" in the middle of the night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I would do that to my mom growing up. It would always startle her so badly. I'm not looking forward to the time when my daughter starts doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh geez!! that had to be kinda freaky!! like that movie, paranormal activity... eek!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if you had to have a middle of the night intruder, best it was him!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...