Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Winter Wishes


As part of the Working Parents Network (WPN), which I help lead at my job, we host an event every year called “Winter Wishes”.  I’m proud of all the programs we do as part of the WPN, but this one in particular is special.  For this event we partner with the NY Cares Winter Wishes Program to fulfill holiday wish letters from disadvantaged kids in NYC.  It’s very sweet to read what these children write and it breaks my heart every year to see how many children are in need.  Last year we obtained 100 letters and they were in picked up by our employees in record time.  So this year we upped the number to 125 letters.  To our surprise all 125 letters were picked up in 34 minutes!!! 

On Monday we held a gift drop off party for those who participated – we even had Santa drop by!  All I can say is WOW!!  Everyone was so incredibly generous this year.  These 125 kids are going to have such a special holiday.  A few of the participants even attached letters from Santa back to their child that they had written.  I couldn’t believe how thoughtful everyone was.

Next year I think we can handle 200 letters and make even more kids’ dreams come true!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...