Thursday, December 2, 2010

GoodNite Lite – Day 1

According to the book that came with this thing, the first day should be used for helping your child correspond his current waking up time with the sun.  So, I set the light to switch over to a sun at 5:30 am…..his current wake up time.  

Last night before bed, I introduced A to his new night light. At first he was a big apprehensive, but we gave the light a name (Moon-a, like Luna on Bear in the Big Blue House) and that seemed to help.  I set the timer, he helped me plug it in and he went to sleep….. 

….around 4:30 am he started.  For whatever reason, he woke up and wanted some comforting.  So I went in, rubbed his back for a minute and he went back to sleep.  Then at 5:00 am he did the same thing.  Replay:  go in, rub his back, go back to bed. All this time I’m thinking to myself, well at least he’s staying in his room and in his bed. 

AGAIN at 5:30 he wakes up and this time wants his diaper changed.  Since this is the time I set for the “sun” to come on I went in and showed him that the light had changed from a moon to a sun.  He immediately stopped crying, looked and said “Huh, look at the sun Mommy!”  Then while I changed his diaper I talked to him more about the sun meaning it’s time to get up and not getting out of bed until he sees it.  His reply was “so, blue means bed and yellow means up?”  I was like YES!!  Maybe he’s actually getting this after one day.

I'm considering today a win in my book.  We’ll see what happens tomorrow and the next day.  I already set the clock to go off at 5:35 tomorrow…..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...