Thursday, December 16, 2010

All I want for Christmas is….Lead Poisoning??

I read an article this morning about a recent ban that Belgium has put into effect to ban the puzzle mats that most of us have in our homes.  (Link to article is here) I’ve never had the need for one of these in our house but know plenty of friends who have them.  Their reasoning being that these mats contain a cancer causing chemical.  Jeez…between BPA, lead paint and medication recalls it’s becoming impossible to rely on any product.  I’m not saying we need to put our kids in a bubble, but come on….it’s getting out of hand. 

I think I’ll be looking a little more closely at the toy boxes A receives this Christmas.

However, if you are looking for a place that sells organic/chemical free plates, cups, toys, etc. check out The Soft LandingAll products are confirmed free of BPA, PVC, phthalates & melamine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...