Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Race to the Finish


As I had mentioned in an earlier post a few weeks back, I signed up for a couple races in the coming weeks/months.  My first one is in less than 3 days (!!)  This coming weekend I will be running the Reebok Spartan Sprint in Tuxedo, NY.  If you’ve never heard of the Spartan Sprint, it’s a 5K muddy obstacle race.  Think wall climbing, rope climbs and crawling through mud underneath barbed wire.  Why would I want to do this you may be asking?  I’m asking myself that same question this week ;-)  It's going to be an adventure to say the least.  I’m not competing for a particular finish time.  I’m doing the race simply as a personal accomplishment.  I’ll be sure to report back at some point next week with pictures & an update on how it went.
 
Race #2 in September is The Color Run This is a 5k race being held in Brooklyn, NY.  It’s similar to other races such as Color me Rad where you get doused in various colors (colored corn starch) as you run the course.  You start off in a clean white t-shirt and finish plastered in color!  It’s more of a fun race than a competitive race so I’m looking forward to it.  I’m running this with a bunch of friends in a team as well.  Not competing for a finish time, but doing it just to have fun and as something different. 
 
I haven’t done a ton of serious training for this coming weekend other than running, my weekly volleyball, some push ups plus a boot camp class that I started taking about a month ago.  But I feel that I’m in good enough shape to get me through the 4 miles.   We’ll see though.  I may have something different to say come next week.  LOL  Wish me luck….I think I need it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...