Monday, April 15, 2013

Week 14 Results

Pounds Lost this Week:  -1.6 lbs
Pounds Lost to Date:  -26.6 lbs

I am (of course) thrilled to have another week with a loss.  My hard work is really paying off. Slow and steady wins the race…  Speaking of races, I started incorporating some running/walking and strength training into my routine last week because I’m training for some upcoming events in June & September (more to come on those).  To my surprise I was able to run 2.5 miles my first time out.  I’ve never been a runner and always hated it.  But I find running outside is MUCH easier and interesting than on a treadmill in the gym.  I downloaded an app for my phone that tells me how far I’ve gone and tracks my pace as well.  The first day I was SO sore that I could barely move the next day.  But after this weekend I feel like a million bucks.  I guess that means I’m ready for 3 miles ;) 

Here’s this week’s dinner menu:

Sunday 4/14:   Garlic Lime Marinated Pork Chops (5 pts+);  ½ cup brown rice (4 pts+) and salad (1 pt+ for dressing) 

Monday 4/15:  Ham Steak (3 pts+) with zucchini casserole (3 pts+)

Tuesday 4/16:  Sesame Chicken (5pts+) with ¼ cup jasmine rice (4 pts+)

Wednesday 4/17:  Leftovers  (tee ball practice)

Thursday 4/18:  Skinless chicken thighs with shallots in red wine vinegar (6 pts+) with sautéed garlic brussel sprouts (0 pts+)

Friday 4/19:  Chili Shrimp & Asparagus Stir Fry (4 pts+) with ½ cup white rice (5 pts+)

Saturday 4/13:   Leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...