Friday, July 15, 2011

Summer Goal #2

If you remember back to my Summer Goals post, goal #2 was to finish transforming A’s room to a ‘big boy’ room.  A has gotten too tall for the toddler bed - poor kid pretty much reaches end to end when he stretches out. The crib that we bought was one of those “lifetime cribs” so it transforms into a full size bed.  Our plan is to convert his toddler bed to a full size bed, which will require us to buy: (1) a new mattress (ugh) and (2) new bedding.

So the search was on for a new bedding set.  I asked A what he wanted and the answer I got was Toy Story!!  However, when I looked up the Toy Story bedding sets most of the blankets had HUGE sized characters plastered on them and they all looked kind of scary looking in my opinion.  We’re just getting over the nightmares so I wasn't about to get him something that in the dark might look scary and restart those nightmares.  I tried to see if Cars or Thomas would be acceptable but they were vetoed.  

My husband and I fell in love with a Yankees set we found and figured it was something that we could get many years out of vs a character set that he may outgrow in a year.  A loves baseball and I already have a few baseball items in his room so it seemed like a perfect fit for a new big boy baseball room.   So we compromised a little.....  The Yankees set and a set of Toy Story sheets :)  When I told A and showed him the picture this is what he had to say: 

Me:  “Check it out.  How cool is this?”
A:  “I love it!!  But Mooooom, if you get Toy Story sheets with the Yankee blanket it won’t match”
Me:  “That’s ok if it doesn’t match.  You said you wanted Toy Story so we can do both baseball AND Toy Story”
A:  “But if it doesn’t match it won’t look right”.

I couldn’t stop laughing for about 10 minutes.  The way he said it he seemed so serious that if his blanket & sheets didn’t match that the world was going to end.  ….apparently my kid is an interior designer now.  LOL

Here is the way the room currently looks.  Plans are to change the bed, curtains, get rid of the stuffed animals (or at least most of them) and buy new door knobs for the closet.  Possibly change doors on the closet too.




Bedding Choice:

The Yankee set we chose. 



The least scary Toy Story set I found.  Was a close runner up.


Another set I had found that I thought was really cool.  It's called "Rock Anthem".  Didn't end up choosing this one because it didn't match the colors of A's room.

3 comments:

  1. Love the choices. How funny that he was upset it wouldn't match.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha he's so funny, I can't believe he was concerned about matching sets!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...