Wednesday, July 6, 2011

You Spin Me Round & Round


It’s been a while since I’ve participated in Julia’s Working Mommy Wednesday posts.  That’s because I’ve been working a LOT more than I should and sadly my blogging has fallen a bit behind.  Today I’m trying to break that cycle.

As a working mom, routine is my middle name.  During the week we’ve settled into a schedule that ensures we all get out of the house on time, and in one piece :)  A has a very structured day at preschool so at home I try to keep a schedule/routine as best I can to be consistent with what he is doing at preschool. 

Weekdays go something like this:

6 am ‘ish – A wakes up (and wakes us up)
6:10 – my alarm goes off, if I make it that long
6:15-7:00 – I shower and get ready for work while A eats some cheerios and watches TV or plays trains in his room
7:00-7:15 – Walk the dog and get A dressed for school
7:25 – Leave for work (and wake up hubby before I go)
8:30 am – hubby drops A drop off at preschool
5:30 pm – hubby picks up A from preschool
6:30 – I get home from work (on a normal non working late day)
6:45-7:30 – cook & eat dinner (maybe a little playtime with A)
7:30 pm – bedtime process begins

After that it’s anyone’s game.  Do more work…watch some TV….blog…surf the web/facebook….pack A’s school bag for the next day….make lunches to take to work….

….sleep, wake & repeat.  Round and round we go.  Routine, routine, routine.

Now weekends…..that goes a little something like this.

Wake up when we get up
Stay in our PJs until we feel like changing
Play with toys
12:00 – lunch time for A
12:45 – nap time for A
Play with some more toys
Maybe run a few errands
Go outside & play
6:00 – Dinner time
Wind down & cuddling time on the couch
7:30 pm – bedtime process begins

That is if we don’t have a party to attend or something else going on that day.  Then every schedule I could imagine goes out the window, which is fine with me.  We have way too many schedules during the week that we deserve a day off!!

This post brought to you by the Working Mommy Wednesday prompt from Julia over at Work, Wife, Mom….Life!   How important to you, as a working mom, is a schedule/routine for your kids?

4 comments:

  1. love that your weekend routine is so laid back! can be so helpful!! welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and can you send me your email address please?? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just impressed that you find time to walk the dog in the morning. Mine just got tossed in the backyard for 5 minutes to "do her thing" in the morning before she was put in her crate...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure Julia. I'll email it to you.

    KT, don't be too impressed. I didn't say it was a long walk. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...