Wednesday, June 1, 2011

WMW: Summer Goals


I don’t normally make summer goals for myself, but this week’s WMW prompt got me thinking that there are some things I would like to get accomplished this summer.  So here they are, in random order:

  1. Clean out/organize the built in shelving area in our downstairs.  It has become a kind of make shift storage area that I’ve begun to cover up with Chinese screens so that I don’t have to look at it anymore.  It could use a good purging.
  1. Finish transforming A’s room to a ‘big boy’ room.  I’ve already converted back his hutch dresser from being a changing station and replaced the glider with a train table – which has made a huge difference to the room.  But I still want to change his curtains from the valence that matched his crib bedding set to something more updated for a preschooler and change out a few more design aspects of his room.
  1. Utilize the pool at our complex more.  We have a beautiful pool that it literally a few feet from our doorstep and we hardly use it.  Truthfully it’s because we’re so busy over the summer that we’re not around much on the weekends to go.  But this year A is really into swimming so I want to make more time to take him, even if it’s for an hour in the morning.  I took him one morning over this past weekend and it was perfect.  We practically had the pool to ourselves!  We did some swimming, enjoyed some snacks pool side (coffee for Mommy) and then went inside for lunch and a nap – I could definitely get used to that kind of a morning.
  1. Loose these last 10 stubborn pounds!!  As you can see from my lack of dieting posts, I’ve taken a little break from WW.  After 5 months on it, I decided it was time for a break before I completely lost my mind.  Right now I’m just maintaining and doing a little bit of watching what I eat (mostly during the week so that I can enjoy the weekends).  I know summer is a hard time to diet with all the BBQs that go on, but I’m going to attempt to get rid of these last pesky pounds.
  1. Take more walks.  This could hopefully help with #4.  We have a big complex and another one across the street from us that are great for walking around and not worrying about traffic.  A just got a bike for his birthday in April, so what a perfect opportunity to bring him with me.

This week’s Working Mommy Wednesday prompt from Julia over at Work, Wife, Mom….Life! is: Top 5 goals for this summer.
 

3 comments:

  1. Visiting from WMW, sounds like a fun summer! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get back into WW again too! I feel your pain! Have a great summer!

    ~ Visiting from WMW

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with all your plans! transforming rooms is always fun... a tough task, but fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...