Thursday, July 7, 2011

Baby You’re A Firework



It may be one of A’s favorite songs, but this year he just wasn’t into fireworks.   Sparklers were great and lots of fun, but the real thing with their loud explosions were only good for their colors.

The whole afternoon at the 4th of July party we attended went a little something like this:

:::fireworks exploding; boom, boom, boom:::
A:  “Mommy, I want to go home now”
A:  “Mommy, I miss Layla”  (Layla is our dog)

5 minutes later….  :::more fireworks exploding; boom, boom, boom:::
A:  “Mommy, I want to go home now”
A:  “Mommy, I miss Layla” 

This went on for HOURS.

Then he discovered if he had to use the potty we would go inside our friend’s house to use the bathroom.  So every time a firework went off the conversation switched to:

A:  “Mommy, I have to use the bathroom”
A:  “Mommy, I have to poop….NOW”

Yeah…he’s quite the smart kid.

After a little trip to McD’s for a happy meal he was a much happier boy and was ready for the big color fireworks.  I have to give him credit because they ARE loud.  He was great and sat on my lap, held his little ears and watched the fireworks with us, all the while singing Katy Perry’s “Firework” as they went off :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...