Monday, January 28, 2013

Week 3 Results

Pounds Lost this Week:  -0.8
Pounds Lost to Date:  -9.0

A loss is a loss, so I’m happy.  I’d be lying if I didn’t say I was slightly disappointed.  But I’m not going to beat myself up over it. I was pissed off at 6 am this morning and now I’m over it and looking ahead to next week.  I just keep quietly chanting to myself.....a loss is a loss is A LOSS!!

I joined Weight Watchers online so I don’t physically attend meetings nor have anyone weigh me – it’s all up to me and the honor system.  So to try and keep the motivation and momentum up, myself and some girlfriends who are also doing the program decided to put together our own support group on Facebook and Pinterest to share recipes, tips and keep each others’ spirits up.  So far it's been a great tool and I'm grateful to have these wonderful ladies for support.

One of my biggest challenges so far has been dinner time.  It's become a very time consuming process the past couple weeks.  My husband is on a different diet and my son won't eat a lot of these recipes so I find myself on most nights making 3 different meals.  I try to prep a lot the night before but I still find myself feeling like I’m always in the kitchen.  I typically get home at 6:30 pm (on a good night) so by the time we’re done and cleaned up it’s usually close to 8 pm.  When meal planning I have to be careful to pick recipes that can be scaled down in quantities since I’m only WW cooking for myself (a few things my husband has eaten).  A lot of the casserole recipes sound delicious but what am I going to do with the leftovers?  I've already frozen some of the extras I made in previous weeks and my freezer can only hold so much....  Maybe I’ll try one once I make room in the freezer.

Here’s this week’s menu:

Sunday 1/27Shredded Buffalo Chicken lettuce wraps

Monday 1/28 – small steak with garlic roasted asparagus 

Tuesday 1/29 – leftovers (volleyball night)

Wednesday 1/30Shirataki Noodles marinara with meatballs

Thursday 1/31 – Taco Thursday! (using ground turkey & whole grain shells / whole wheat tortillas) with fat free spicy refried beans

Friday 2/1Cilantro lime shrimp with fiesta lime rice

Saturday 2/2Dijon Pork Cutlets with baked crispy sweet potato fries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...