Monday, May 30, 2011

Uninterrupted Sleep, and a Review

A quick update to our sleeping situation:  The last couple nights have been great and we’ve had uninterrupted sleep – yay!  A is still getting up early (6 am) but he’s able to play by himself or watch TV so that hubby and I get in a few extra winks.  Another big development has been that A asked stopped wearing an overnight diaper at night!  He’s officially 100% potty trained.  Woot Woot!!  I thought not wearing the diaper at night would result in more wake ups to use the potty, but it hasn’t.  He’s able to go the whole night without needing the potty.

On a separate note, I bought this magnetic responsibility chart made by Melissa & Doug a few months ago for A when it was on sale at amazonI love their toys, so when I saw this I just couldn’t pass it up.
I just recently opened it to start using it with him and I have to say it’s pretty cute.  It includes tasks that are applicable now, ones for the future plus a couple blank ones for us to write our own.  My favorite is the “no whining” one, which I doubt he’ll be earning a smiley for anytime soon. LOL  When he finally does earn a perfect weekly score, he’ll be allowed to pick a prize from the prize bag.  A gets so excited to earn a smiley face and in just the last week has been more interested in dressing himself and doing other things for himself.  So if you’re looking for something to motivate your preschooler I recommend giving this a try.

2 comments:

  1. I can NOT believe how big he's getting... too big too fast!
    you must be so proud of him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are so proud of him, but it's all going waaay too fast :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...