Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Thomasville

I should rename our house Thomasville….or better yet just hang a sign outside that says “Welcome to the Island of Sodor”.  To say that my son loves Thomas the Tank Engine is an understatement.  He’s borderline obsessed.  What started with a Thomas train received for his 1st birthday has grown into this:


That’s just the tracks that fit onto his train table and doesn't include all his other Thomas things.  He also has a blanket, PJs, other Thomas toys, books, a Thomas table & chairs set…..you get the idea. (See A Thomas Christmas)  We rarely leave the house without Thomas, Percy, or one of his other favorites in tow.   I don’t mind all the trains though, because he plays with it constantly and does a lot of role playing with the engines. The conversations he thinks up between his engines keep my husband and I laughing.  

It also keeps him occupied during the (very) early morning hours when he wakes up so that we can sleep in a little bit longer.  We’ve accepted the fact that he’s an early riser but are starting to teach him that just because he likes to get up early doesn’t mean Mommy & Daddy do also.   The other morning he woke up at 5:30 (ugh), came into our room and announced “Mommy, Daddy, I’m awake.  But I’m going to go play with my trains”.  And off to his room he went for another 45 minutes.  Sweet!! 

Bless that little blue engine :)

4 comments:

  1. haha I feel like my house isn't too far behind... if you're Thomasville... maybe we're the Hamlet of thomasville? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could definitely be a suburb of thomasville :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And thank you for Jack's first ever Thomas set... I am sure it is going to turn into something bigger eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very welcome. You had to know that Anthony picked that out special for Jack :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...