Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Early Bird Catches the Worm



I am always early to everything.  I find it rude to make people wait so I try not to make others wait for me unless it’s absolutely unavoidable.   Like the saying goes “to be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late”.  Both my husband and I are early people so you can guarantee that unless something blows up, we’ll be there 10-15 minutes early for any party, appointment, etc…  (that is, as long as it’s an event we want to be at.  LOL)

It drives me completely bananas at work that everyone at my job thinks it’s acceptable to be late to meetings.  They call it being on ___ time.  (The blank being the name of my company.)  However when I have a crammed day, the last thing I want to be doing is wasting 15 minutes waiting for a meeting to start when I could have used those minutes to get some extra work done.

I thought having a baby would immediately throw my time stamp out the window, but it hasn’t.  I just know that I need to start getting things ready to go a little bit earlier than I did before I had a kid.  Plus there’s my husband who is there to keep us on time as well.

This week’s Working Mommy Wednesday prompt from Julia over at Work, Wife, Mom….Life! is: Do you typically run early, on time, or late?

4 comments:

  1. This is pretty much *exactly* what I wrote today. Great minds think alike I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's good you and your husband have the same habits in this situation. I'm generally an early/ontime person, but I've let having a kid throw me off my typical schedule a few times as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure does help to have a hubby who is on time too and keeps things on track!

    ReplyDelete
  4. exactly!! i totally agree. you would think work people would be on time, but they aren't! drives me nuts too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...