Monday, November 29, 2010

Turkey Week!


The week started off with me still not feeling so great, but happy that I had the week off from work.  M-W I ran errands, did some shopping and tried to clean up the house a bit.  Thursday (thanksgiving) we went over to my in-laws to eat.  A refused to try turkey or the fixings and instead ate some good ‘ole chicken nuggets. He had a great time playing with his cousins.

We’re not black Friday shoppers, but this year we decided to check out some stuff online.  It’s always better to shop in your pj’s right?  We found a great deal on a new tv for our bedroom and decided it would be our (early) birthday gifts to each other.  Black Friday is also my decorating day.  I actually started a little the day before, but on Friday I completely decorated the house, with the exception of our tree which we have to go get this weekend.  A was in complete awe when he woke up from his nap and entered “Santa Land”, as he calls it.  It warmed my heart to watch his smiling face take in all of the decorations and lights.


Saturday I went on a cooking frenzy!  I made hot dog nuggets and apple pear cinnamon sauce for A as well as a London broil and butternut squash for myself and H.  I’ve started a little tradition of taking pictures of A holding Christmas lights in the dark.  Saturday  night I took our 2010 pictures and I’m surprised A cooperated.  The below 2 pictures represent the two sides of him….the sweet angelic boy and the crazy toddler monster.  LOL


















Sunday I went to visit my mom with A and had a nice time playing at the park and having lunch. Then later in the day I ordered all of the photo gifts I made for people as well as our Christmas card.  I cannot believe the deal I got!  I spent $80 but saved $220!!!  Insane. 

I am thankful for so many things in my life.  My family, friends, health, my job……  But what I am most thankful for this year is the ability to remember the good stuff even when life is hard, the continuous opportunity to see the magic in the moment and all the people who support, encourage and inspire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...