Monday, November 1, 2010

A Happy Halloween Makes for a Cranky Monday



What a difference a year makes!  Last year trick or treating consisted of collecting candy out of the candy bowls around grandma & grandpa’s living room, dumping his full bucket out on the floor & doing it all over again.  This year we went trick or treating for real

After a bit of complaining, and even a full on temper tantrum when I put his costume on, off we went.  I was expecting to go to one house and then pack it in, but once we got past the first couple houses his mood suddenly changed.  A was racing his buddy (our neighbor who went with us) to each door to be the first one to knock, yelling “trick or treat’ before anyone even came to the door and making sure to say thank you (when prompted of course).  About an hour later I came back with a smiling happy 2 year old and a load of goodies!!  Which of course mom & dad will eat since A doesn’t like candy (I know, I have a weird kid).

I am so glad that Halloween fell on a Sunday this year so that I could experience this with my son without having to take a day off from work.  He had such a blast that he asked the following morning if he could do it again!

You would think that all the walking around would lead to a sleepy toddler, but no such luck.  A gave me such a hard time going to bed and then kept getting up every couple hours wanting to be snuggled.  So needless to say we were all a bit cranky Monday morning.  I just hope he’s not getting sick again…..




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...