Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Break from it All

It’s started to become an annual tradition to visit my mom in Florida the first week in March.  Since my hubby doesn’t get very much vacation time, just A and I fly down and it’s our little vacation together.  A mommy and son bonding week.  While it now feels like it was 6 months ago rather than 3 weeks ago, we had a great time soaking in the sun. 
 
Last year A was so afraid of the water, both the ocean and the pool.  Only on our last day did he finally warm up to the pool.  Boy, what a difference a year makes.  This year we got to the beach and he ran right into the surf without hesitation.  There was my big guy, jumping in the waves and asking me to take him out deep in the ocean so he can “see the waves close up”.  I was taken aback.  Who was this kid and what had he done with my son?!  Over the course of the week I watched as A fell in love with the ocean.  It was so captivating. 

We took a couple day trips to Busch Gardens and to LegoLand where we rode rides and played until the parks closed.  The rest of the week was spent swimming, playing in the sand, splashing, and looking for shells.  The only way it could have been better would have been if my husband had been there to share in those moments.  But otherwise it was pretty darn perfect.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...