Sunday, March 18, 2012

My Smart Cookie

Every mother brags about how smart their kids are. Why should I be any different, right?!  A will be turning 4 in less than a month and words cannot describe how proud I am of him.  If it wasn’t for those pesky school age requirements he probably could have started kindergarten a year ahead of time.  He knows his alphabet, can count to 30, is starting to add small numbers (must be the accountant in him), is starting to spell and most recently wrote his name all by himself.  I am both amazed and impressed by him more and more every day. 

One day at preschool a few weeks ago his class was being rowdy.  Before his teacher could get out the words to settle down the class, my son stands up in the middle of the classroom and blurts out “Stai zitto“ (which means be quiet in Italian).  His teacher stood there dumfounded looking at him while A asked why she didn’t understand him (she actually did which is why she was looking at him that way).  It turns out that he has picked up on the few Italian words that are said around the house.  I am going to be putting on some learn Italian CDs for him to see if I can put a lot more words into his vocabulary while he’s young.

When I was a kid I was reading by 1st grade so I wouldn’t be surprised if he does the same.  He may have gotten daddy’s looks but it seems that he got Mommy’s brain :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...