Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Boo Boo

My son came home from preschool today with a “boo boo”.  Being an almost 4 year old boy, boo boos are a common occurrence.  However, this one was a little different in how it happened. 

He was using the electric pencil sharpener to sharpen his pencil and got curious about how exactly it worked.  So….(yes you guessed it) he stuck his finger right into the pencil sharpener.  Thank goodness he didn’t get seriously hurt and only got a minor cut.  Since it was on the tip of his finger it bled quite a bit and he managed to cut some of his nail off too.  From talking to his teachers the blood freaked him out and he was a little shook up afterwards, but by the afternoon he seemed fine.

When I got home from work I asked him what had happened but he refused to tell me anything.

Me:  How was school today?
A:  Good.
Me:  Anything happen?
A:  No.
Me:  What happened to your finger?
A:  Nothing
Me:  Did you hurt it?
A:  I don’t kinow
Me:  Did you cut it?
A:  I don’t know
Me:  Did you fall down?
A:  I don’t know

::::after about 2 minutes of the same type of questions:::

Me:  Did you stick your finger in the pencil sharpener?
A:   Yes.

Gotta love kids.


1 comment:

  1. OMG too funny that he was too scared to tell you what he did. That has gotta HURT! OW.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...