Monday, June 27, 2011

Father’s Day

Work has been insane lately so my blogging has been a bit delayed, but hey better late than never.

Father’s Day used to make me sad.  Once A was born the holiday turned to more of a bittersweet day for me.  The sadness thinking about my dad remained, but now a layer of happiness was added as I watched my husband and A start building their own Father’s Day memories.   Each year I rack my brain as to what to buy my husband for a gift.  A frame?  A mug?  A shirt?  Naah.  This year I got my husband a pretty cool Father’s Day gift that I was very excited for him to open.  I purchased from Silver Sentiments on Etsy a key ring that had A’s fingerprint imprinted onto it with his initials and birthdate printed on the back.  The seller sent me a kit to take an impression of A’s fingerprint, I mailed it back and in a couple weeks viola!  the key chain arrived.  He loved it!!!


We spend every Father’s Day at my in-laws house so we went over there this year for an afternoon visit and early dinner.  A had a great time playing with his cousins and since the weather was nice they were able to have some fun with the water table and play in the backyard.  It was a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...