Saturday, January 24, 2015

2014 Year in Review



It’s been a while since I published anything so figured what better way to start off 2015 than to recap our year in 2014.  For the most part, 2014 was a great year for us.  I did have some health scares in March, November & December that have tested me in many ways.  I am physically much better now and I know the mental part will follow in time.  But for now I am SO ready to see what 2015 has in store for us.


January:
-      We closed on our new house.  I call it our forever house because not only do I love it, but I am NEVER moving again.
-      The Hudson Valley (and most of the country) had record breaking freezing temperatures.  Per weather.com, the core of the cold came Monday, Jan. 6 (the day we closed) and Tuesday, Jan. 7 (the day the movers came with our things).


February:
-      “Snowpocalypse 2014” was in full effect this month.  We received over 30 inches of snow here in the Hudson Valley that month. The 2013-2014 winter was the 7th snowiest season in 120 years.
-      Our son and I attended the Valentine’s Day dance held at his school (on one of the few days it didn’t snow).

 

March:
-      I had surgery to remove the left half of my thyroid.  Thankfully all tests came back normal and I am doing just fine now :)
-      Hubby and I celebrated our birthdays!
-      The snow and cold continued…..


April:
-      The start of a new t-ball season
-      Our son turned 6!!!
 
 

May:
-      Our son attended his first Take Our Daughters & Sons to Work day at my job
-      Our son had his kindergarten artwork displayed in a district-wide art show at the town library.
-      Completed my second Spartan Sprint and beat my previous year’s time!

 
 

June:
-      Myself, our son, my sister and my nephew participated as extras in a movie being shot by my friend locally (check out Mother of the Week here)
-      Our son graduated from Kindergaren (yay!) and started summer camp
-      We welcomed the birth of our friends twin boys
-      The end of t-ball season
-      We held a housewarming party to welcome our family & friends to our new house 

 

July:
-      Spent 4th of July at home watching fireworks in our neighborhood
-      Spent a week with my family on our annual family vacation.  This year’s destination was a resort in West Virginia
-      Attended BBQ’s and birthday parties for family/friends

\
 

August:
-      Weekend trip to Virginia to celebrate our nephew’s birthday
-      Spent the day in NYC with just our son and I having a “Mommy & Son” day complete with a trip to the Avengers Station & Museum of Natural History
-      Held our annual clam bake BBQ party with our friends
-      Attended 1st grade orientation at our son’s new elementary school

 

September:
-      Our son started 1st grade in a new school       
-      Apple & pumpkin picking at Barton Orchards
-      Attended my very first US OPEN (loved it!)
-      Took our son to the Shriner Circus in Orangeburg, NY
-      My company was announced to Working Mother Magazine’s Top 100 Companies to Work for and I was named as Ogilvy & Mather’s Working Mother of the Year

 

October:
-      Received my Working Mother of the Year award from Working Mother Magazine at their annual Gala Dinner in NYC
-      Spent Halloween trick or treating with our best friends

  

November:
-      We took our son on the North Pole Express train ride in CT
-      Spent Thanksgiving with my husband’s family here in NY
-      Took our traditional black Friday trip down to Arthur Avenue in the Bronx to buy seafood for Christmas Eve

 

December:
-      Our son participated in his very first Holiday Concert at school
-      Hosted our very first Christmas Eve dinner in our new house with both of our families
-      Took our son to see Aladdin on Broadway with my family and were privileged to get a backstage tour.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...