Saturday, December 17, 2011

An Unexpected Meeting

Last weekend while shopping we had an unexpected chance meeting with none other than the big guy in red.  While browsing around a drugstore who walks through the door but…..SANTA!!  We had to do a double take since it’s not every day you see a fully dressed Santa walking into a drugstore to pick up a prescription.   As my son glanced upwards at Santa, the look of amazement on his face was priceless!  I wish I had been able to capture it on film but it all happened so quickly.  Santa was a very lovely man and gave A a candy cane and a even did a “Ho Ho Ho” chuckle for him. 

It was at this same store that we had come to drop off A’s letter he wrote to Santa (there’s a drop box that is managed by volunteers who send personalized responses back from Santa).  I couldn’t have had this more perfect that if I had set it up myself.  My son was convinced that Santa was there to collect his mail from the mailbox.  When he received his letter from Santa in the mail a few days later he knew that Santa was listening and I gently reminded him that he needed to behave because Santa could show up at any time.

Who needs to wait in lines at the mall to see Santa when you can find him shopping ;-)

1 comment:

  1. what a great story, and I wish I could have seen the look on A's face!

    and, he WAS there to pick up his letters! ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...