Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Annual Family Vacation

Every year my side of the family gets together for our “annual family vacation”.  Since my siblings live all over the country (my brother on the west coast, my sister down south) each year we choose a destination and get everyone together with my mom for a week of family umm…. togetherness.  This year’s destination was Williamsburg, Virginia.   My husband didn’t have enough vacation time left to go with us, so he drew the lucky stick and stayed at home while A and I made the 6.5 hr drive down south.

All in all, we had a nice week filled with amusement parks, water parks, playgrounds, mini golf and lots and lots of swimming.  We even managed to squeeze in lunch with Elmo and his friends :)  It’s always wonderful to spend time with my siblings and to see my niece and nephews.  Now that A is older he had so much fun playing and interacting with his cousins.  Of course there were some hard moments since I had to deal with A on my own (he was being clingy for a lot of the week) but overall it was fun….and it beat being at work all week! 

How quickly vacation time fades, though.  I was back at work not even a day and it felt like I had never left :(  I already feel like I need another vacation.  Good thing we have another one lined up for next month – and this time hubby and I are going alone!!!  Wohooo!

Here are a few pictures from our week.





1 comment:

  1. you guys are so photogenic! wonderful pictures - looked like you had a great trip together.

    He's getting so big and grown up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...